View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was only on Lyrica for 6 weeks, I started off at 150mg per day, then noticed some terrible side effects (sore muscles, swelling, headache pressure) and weaned myself down to 75mg a day. I tried to go cold turkey and felt like I was dying so I ended up reducing my dose by 25mg every 3 days. It all went well and I thought that apart from some nausea I had been successful in withdrawing.

Then, about 13 days after my last dose I started getting a tingling sensation in all my limbs - it has been 6 days of this now and its driving me crazy. I've also got extreme anxiety & panic attacks + the obligatory nausea.

I only started taking this drug for facial pain, which it never really masked and I am so angry at myself for not doing more research before taking it. I don't know how long these symptoms will last, the doctor has no idea about any of it and has now prescribed me Xanax, to help with the anxiety. I'm not too keen about taking that one either.

Since I wasn't on the Lyrica for very long, I am very much hoping my withdrawal wont be as lengthy as others here have suffered.
Reflex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote