View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 10:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

@dbpei. I'm so sorry to hear of your issues, it's a tough road. I agree with Bryanna, I will never get another root canal, and am glad to have removed the one I had. I will happily keep you updated on my progress regarding the graft and implant. Also if you want to pm me I'd be glad to share the knowledge I've accumulated on neuro-immune diseases, if you have any questions....

@Bryanna. I could use a bit of clarification.

1. I'm trying to do a cost benefit analysis of getting the bone graft this coming Tuesday. On the one hand if it takes, it will save me up to 1,500 dollars vs a sinus lift. On the other hand it could become infected and fail. Assuming the latter, whats the worst that happens if it fails?
I know the graft could temporarily harbor infection due to a lack of blood flow; but wouldn't blood flow eventually get integrated into the graft and remove the "potential" infection? Or, are there other long term concerns regarding the graft and infection that I am missing?

2. Also, with regards to an implant in the future.... Do you think the bacteria that surrounds an implant post has a greater chance of gaining access to systemic circulation than the bacteria that is already in the mouth as it is?

3. Also, if I decide I'm going the bridge route, I assume I would never need a graft anyway, correct?

Thanks so much for all your help
asmitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote