View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 06:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

infinite edge this is to you: I will check on the criteria....something I'm never sure about is whether or not you can have Behcet's without the genital ulceration. It's my understanding that you can. And symptoms can be very different for different people. It depends where the inflammation is occurring. I will look at the diagnostic criteria again. Thing is, I can't remember how to post something on here from another website. Maybe if I post without tagging it the moderator could possibly sort it for me and tell me how to do it. Apologies for not remembering how to do it but I'm not the best with technology!

Ah, I can't post from this website. This is taken from the arthritis uk research website. It says that diagnosing Behcet's isn't always possible. But you must have the following: recurrent mouth ulcers PLUS ANY TWO OF THE FOLLOWING....genital ulcers, skin problems, inflammation in your eyes, a positive pathergy test.

So that suggests not all Behcet's patients get genital ulceration. Certainly for me it's very rare. Never now since I'm on treatment. For other people I know, it's a major part of their disease and very difficult to control.
Magirose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-09-2013)