View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 06:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallycat86 View Post
I am 27 years old female and have had left outer thigh pain for about 8 years now. Recently it has been much worse. The pain sensations vary between burning, tingling, stabbing, electric shock and crawling. It seems to be worse at night when I am laying down or after standing for long periods. It even wakes me up at night.
I recently sought help from a neurologist who ordered multiple tests including X-ray, EMG, MRI (of lower spine), blood work and physical therapy.

After extensive bills and pain, everything has come back normal. The doctor who did the EMG said that I have Meralgia Paresthetica, which is what I suspected. I have no risk factors, however, I am quite thin so it is possible that nerve compression from my clothing is causing it. But, I get no relief from wearing loose clothing. It appears to have a mysterious cause!
I prefer not to take medication unless absolutely necessary. So I'm wondering what are some other options for managing or eliminating pain? What could be the cause of meralgia paresthetica symptoms?
How do others "deal with" the constant pain and will it ever go away?
Thanks for any help,
Christian

Hi there christian,I am a 22 year old female suffering from M.P & have been for the past ten years.. i was in and out of hospital when i was a child, to which they said my hips irritated due to my height of 6ft1 & all the sport i played.
My symptoms came and went over the years until 2 years ago. I had worked hard to get my dre job working abroad as a holiday rep. 4 months into my job randomly one night i felt slight pain, so the doctors injected me and sent me on my way. My condition got so bad i was in hospital for days being injected. I wasnt in my home country so had to make the decision to come home. 2 years later im still suffering. From injections to two operations where he transected my lateral nerve so my thigh is now numb. I still feel painote so in my hip bone area is veryyyy sensitive to touch im in tears if anything comes into contact with it. This condition has really really affected my life.After my latest operation i did improve alot. 95% i could walk without aids and painfree. It hasnt lasted long for me though so now the pain clinic are trying to desensitise the area with acupunture and different ways. What i will say to you is my condition went ten years un noticed & no matter how many mri or xrays you have it will probibly come back fine. The only way he knew the extent of how damaged compressed & trapped my nerve was until he went in and look and that was on the 2nd op he seen that. I havent found something that stops pain completly but tens machine as that gave me lil relief. Also hot compression.If surgery is not an option then weight bare less and rest. looks like we have this condition for life. My consultant said he dont think i will have it for life but i disagree.
hope to hear from you
I hope i have helped in some way
Jayda.
JaydaJones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote