View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 07:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djhasty View Post
Great travel tips everyone. I have a family trip coming up in July. I'll sure be able to use these tips. Good thread. Next year we would like to take the grandgirls to Disney. At this time I can't see how it would be possible for me to participate. I am hoping I will be doing much better next summer.

One thing I would like to add. I use my light weight scooter that is FAA approved. I check it at the gate. I am able to ride it up to the airplane door. One of the luggage loaders then takes it from me and shoves it in the cargo area just before we take off. They have it ready for me at the next destination at the gate. I also pre board. I have never had a problem (knock on wood).
If you have any questions about how to plan for Disney World, let me know. This will be my third time going this year (my promise to myself when I got out of the wheelchair) in September and I have found a lot of things to really make it work for me even with my RSD. Disney World is one of the most accommodating places to travel to for people with disabilities. If you do it right there are actually a lot of places to rest and relax so you can go at a slower pace if you need to and still enjoy everything.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Djhasty (06-10-2013)