View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 02:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I would propose you, Ken, to try a larger wrapping than only one part of forearm.
It seems important to cover quite a large part of skin (maybe something to do with the gate control in sensory loops? I already don't know).
Thanks for reporting results then.

Watch band may be not large enough, though we had this msg from one person.
Socks will work if they are strong enough to stimulate sensory receptors.
No need of compression of limbs.

No evident link with acupuncture points made for the moment but I personally noticed on my forearm that covering the acupuncture point just under elbow and the one just upon wrist enhanced positive effects upon my akinesia.
Can't answer to the last question as I don' t know the person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tower View Post
Rick, even though I have monitored BT2 since its inception and was a very infrequent poster on BT1 you had to go and get a thread that I can't let go.

While I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop, I am still not in need of medications and unless there was something closer to perfect then I choose to avoid any side effects.

My primary symptom is tremor of the right hand/forearm and stiffness in the fingers and while subtle all the symptoms are there.

With that introduction -- I have tried just a simple rubber band in various places on the forearm and feel generally more comfortable, fewer tremor instances and a decrease in amplitude when it does occur. I feel there is some effect on the stiffness and finger tapping ability but very little. It seems to be important to change the position of the bands every few hours. I will try a tensor bandage type of band.

Questions?
Why no noticeable effect from a watchband?
Why no noticeable effect from socks?
What is the similarity to acupuncture pressure points?
What has happened with the fellow that had permanent acupuncture?

thanks ,,, ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
it is so maddening to be sitting on something this mind blowing and not be able to get someone to just try it. Thank you, Ken. I hereby make you a member of the White Rats

to answer your questions as best i can:
1- at least one WR has reported worsening of symptoms when he takes his watch off.
2-4 we don't know yet

this is something brand new. we have looked hard. we need more Rats!!
annefrobert is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote