Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 05:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ginnie is right. If your pain isn't being addressed, then the pain doc isn't doing his job. As for the Gabapentin, I found that stuff to be AWFUL All it did for me was make me gain 30lbs in water weight! Plus I felt loopy all the time! So my doctor put me on Topamax, and that was MUCH better -- it took away all the burning pain, and that was wonderful!!

Like Ginnie said, an opiate would be great for easing your pain. There is nothing wrong with taking opiates. They're no different than any other pain medication that the doctors give by prescription. They're just stronger, and they' work better! My doctor has me on OpanaER and that works great!

So talk to your pain doc, and if he WON'T give you appropriate pain meds, then change doctors! These docs have to realize that we DESERVE pain relief, and if they won't give it to us, we'll go somewhere else! They'll lose their patients by droves!! I wish you the very best Joely, and God bless. Please let us know how you do. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-09-2013), JoelyH (06-10-2013), sfink (06-10-2013)