View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 06:56 PM
anon22217

anon22217

I have bad dreams and trouble sleeping from the stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Brain patch, I would question the doctor who said you have 'REM sleep disorder and nocturnal epilepsy.' Duh, these may be terms that can be written in your record but the question should be, What is the underlying cause ?
There is a saying that neuros are good at diagnosing aneurisms, epilepsy and tumors. These can all be imaged. Ask the doctor about something that can not be imaged and you likely get deer in the headlights.

A general idiopathic diagnosis of REM sleep disorder and nocturnal epilepsy only helps if the doctor is going to defer to drugs.

"The doctor put me on clonazepam and Ambian at night and it has cleared up the problems." This would likely be more accurate if it said "The doctor put me on clonazepam and Ambian at night and it has resolved the symptom."

I hope you have been able to move on from the clonazepam and Ambien. They are not good maintenance drugs. Clonazepam makes my Paxil look like a baby aspirin. I was on it for over a year.

I know plenty of TBI subjects who have insomnia but overcome it without drugs. I take gabapentin to help my body sleep without jerking. Without it, I can still use my non-drug techniques to get to sleep but the sleep with include twitching and jerking.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote