Thread: Smoking
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 07:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvfox View Post
I have smoked for about 15 years, I know I need to quit but I too enjoy it. The cardio thoracic surgeon said he would not remove my thymus unless I quit. I do not have a thymoma and really do not understand why I couldn't have it removed without them cracking my chest.
Well, WV, That makes three of us, so far, and here, we would be standing out in the snow/rain/and occasional heat at a regulated 5 metres away from a doorway, window or air intake, not to mention, a $250.00 fine for not using the city ashtrays...we get that.

As to the surgeon, it's understandable about the smoking because naturally, he wants the best outcome for you, and for him. He has all the stats and we don't deny that they are certainly legitimate. You can have your thymus removed via other procedures. It's a matter of finding a surgeon who is trained to do so.

I can also appreciate the pressure placed on you by this surgeon. I suspect a few patients will either quit or fib. (I'm absolutely not suggesting the latter.) I just know smokers.

We can't be denied here and I wonder what I would have done if it was the case here. Tap, tap....I know for certain that I wouldn't have lied...I also doubt that I could have quit. I dunno...
Fortunatos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote