View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey JoeP, Well like your surgery, I was completely pain free right after and it did last for about 3 years. I went back to work after 12 weeks. I had 2 weeks of doing nothing then the rest of the time I had PT 3 times a week. I walked also. I had no problems at all but as time went on the arthritis set in and now I have a large disc bulge in the same level and the one above and moderate to severe facet arthritis and DDD. At the time, I couldn't walk and I basically was told I was going to have surgery. I did have to do a lot of bending,twisting, and carry heavy things at work so I think that took it's toll. I now can't stand, sit , or lay down for very long before I have to move and am in constant pain. I am doing the PT and have a fusion surgery looming it's ugly head at me. Surgery will be my last resort. Anyway, my point was I just don't want you to overdo things because I know how you feel so much better. Build your strength back slowly. I think you are going to do good. My surgery was also an open rather than micro so that might make a difference. I am cheering you on! I think things will go well for you.
Pendora is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-10-2013)