View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Imuran vs cellcept

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingpongman View Post
I was on Imuran for 12 months. First removal was at about 8 months and the second removal was a month after I stopped. I am on Cellcept now.

A little story about my Imuran. The whole 12 months I was so sick on my stomach I couldn't eat. I lost 35 pounds. I was really weak. Well when the neuro took me off within 2 weeks I was SUPERMAN!!! It didn't last long sigh. We are guessing the Imuran was working on my MG but made me so sick the results did not show. I was so sick I had to leave fast food places with greasy smells like Wendy's.
Mike
Hi- I was thinking that maybe I should ask to switch to cellcept. Have been on Imuran and Mestinon since 2001. Following a crisis and 6 rounds of plasma exchange have been doing ok on them with some ups and downs along the way that passed after a week or so. Never went into remission or able to lessen Mestinon, and still was never able to be as before MG in terms of strength, fatigue.. Over the past yr or so need Mestinon round the clock, and for the past 3 mos. have needed to increase the Mestinon to 90 mg round the clock. Even with that dose and the Imuran still feel weak sometimes, and my throat feels raw if I talk more than a few minutes. So- I was wondering if cellcept might work better for me. Went to my doc recently- will recheck me in 2 mos. Aside from the stomach aspect, are your MG symptoms less with Cellcept? thanks!!
susanj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote