View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 07:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you so much, Carolyn,

for moving the thread and for the info.

And Wendy, I am really interested to hear your FS experience. I had an injury kind, about 25 years before the freeze up just prior to PD symptom onset. When I injured it - by falling off a horse (who also fell down!) - I landed on my L shoulder. It was extremely painful and I couldn't move it at all for a few days. I remember wearing the same shirt for awhile!
My tremor first showed up on the L side, after a period of about 6 months of watching my arm draw up and weaken...while I wondered what was happening. I got back into Yoga but it worsened. That was 8 years ago. Presently I'm bouncing from PT's and LMT's of many varieties, including myofascial release work. I'm off tomorrow for yet another technique and will report back when I can. I have been googling lots of therapies that address FS specifically. One guy claims to 'release' FS in one session.

I'm not saying that Frozen Shoulder "causes" PD but in my case it is implicated. When I took my sudden downturn T'giving I think caused by a minor slip/bump while exercising, overnight I experienced increased rigidity, tremor, gait probs - originating in my L shoulder. But I'm just now putting two and two together. Better late than never, I hope!

I'll be back in a few days. Onward with the research....!

Ibby
Ibken is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote