View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default This is an excellent discussion

Yesterday was my first day in a brain injury out patient therapy program. And the discussion started with " we don't think you have a brain injury". Of course I got very upset. But they continued to explain that yes my fall caused an injury within my head but the damage doesn't seem to be primarily brain related because in "prime circumstances" my brain can perform very well. My injuries appear to be more on a vestibular level. Lots of vision and other sensory issues are my primary problems. It is related to the brain, because it sends messages to the brain, but the brain itself wasn't damaged. (?)

Please feel free to clarify/correct anything that I am stating. I am only trying to write what I remember from my reading and what they told me.

They called it central vestibulapathy .

It isn't that the brain isn't involved it is that we need to attack it from different directictions. For instance, Vision is primary for me and at month 8 I am still waiting to see a neuro op. so I need to try work arounds as much as possible related to vision or all of my other symptoms heighten.

In many ways I am pleased that my brain can work. But it can be so difficult to explain that this problem is " real". And that I don't want to stay this way.
And that I need help.
Su seb
Su seb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NormaW (06-11-2013)