Thread: Healthcare Help
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Apply for your states Medicaid. I'm sure you qualify based on your income and your medical bills for the past month or two. You may qualify for other programs such as SNAP (food stamps) and cash assistance since you don't have income. However, I am assuming that you are living with someone and that may alter what you qualify for including Medicaid. But it's still worth a try.

http://dch.georgia.gov/medicaid

You can also call them and find out about other programs that might help you. Where I live we have a few low cost health care insurance providers. For these, you must not qualify for state Medicaid but still be low income. Your premiums range from $0 to $40 a month for the insurance. It is worth checking it out.

As for prescriptions, there are places like Target and Wal-Mart that offer prescriptions for $4 (the price may have gone up as I haven't checked in a while). Walgreen's also has a discount program but it's not as good as Target and Wal-Mart and you have to pay a $25 membership fee.

Good luck with your Social Security application. It may take some time to get it but hang in there. If you don't get it on the 1st try, I suggest hiring a lawyer to help you through the appeal(s). Make sure your drs. are on board with it as well as that will really help your case.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (06-11-2013), SallyC (06-11-2013)