View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 02:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart A HUGE Thank you to you all

I wanted to start another thread so that everyone who was kind enough to give me advice and wish me luck would see it. Thank you all so much for the replies you posted - I feel very privileged to have found you all and am so grateful for your amazing support!

I took all of your advice and went to my appointment prepared - I had Fortunatos's check list in my mind and my lists (thank you cait24!!) I wrote a symptom list Chronological order and order of severity, I also noted a brief history and the questions I wanted to ask in bullet form keeping purely to the facts without emotional personalizations as you both advised on a second sheet. I also took an hourly photo diary to show the fluctuations my face and eye can go through during a days activity/rest and before and after photos of a 30 second upward gaze and a 3 min ice pack test. I made a copy for the Dr and handed it to him so that I wouldn't miss anything out as soon as I sat down!

I have to say that I couldn't have gone to a better Neurologist - it turns out that unbeknownst to me, he takes national referrals for possible Myasthenia cases and is the top man in the UK! He said there is nothing else it could be, he thanked me for the photos (the photos my last neuro seemed irritated by before he told me I do not have MG and there is no evidence of it?) and said everything is highly suggestive of Myasthenia the only "fly in the ointment" is that my facial droop is one sided where he would generally expect it to be both sides. He said there is a chance it isn't MG but if that becomes the case I still have symptoms which need treating whatever their cause (like my facial droop!) and he will make sure I get whatever I need. He is arranging for me to go to his nerve/muscle testing clinics in the next few weeks and will be testing my facial muscles and possibly doing the MuSK antibody test.

I have to say that I am so relieved to have found a Dr who seemed to understand what I was saying instead of looking at me like I had lost my mind - and a Dr who actually wants to help me whatever the cause of my symptoms and not just try to disprove or rule everything out!!

Thank you all again for all of your support and well wishes - you must be a very powerful group as it has taken me 9 years to get to this point!! I am eternally grateful to you all.......Eve.x
Unsure81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
4-eyes (06-11-2013), cait24 (06-14-2013), Fortunatos (06-11-2013), Online User (06-11-2013), pingpongman (06-11-2013), southblues (06-11-2013), Stellatum (06-11-2013), uncledave (06-11-2013)