View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 03:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A New Lease on Life

I am beside myself with joy ok , ok a short recap , no dentist for 47 years ,,went to a Dentist 2 weeks ago for an emergency , sent me to the Oral Surgeon , tooth pulled , now back to the Dentist for a tiny filling on my front tooth , I semi trust him , 20% , now that's huge for me , next he says I can save that cracked molar. Thought of Novocain send me into a tail spin and to the ER over the stress of it , next I seek out a Sedation Dentist ,, does his sales pitch and says I have peridontal disease , that sends me into a bigger downward spiral. Today I go to the Oral Surgeon to have him look at the extraction to make sure its ok , when I get there I go into a melt down of mega proportions , 47 years of fear finally erupt , I tell him about Sedation Man and that I have peri disease and now I am stuck , boxed in , no where to go , the Oral Surgeon gets the x-Rays and says , look , you don't have any bone loss , the staff all gather around me for around an hour and got me calm ( the bestest bunch of people I ever met) now I have calmed down a lot and drive to the nice Dentist ( the one that does not do sedation ) and I book for a cleaning and I was able to get in today , the Heygenist was sooooo blown away on how good my teeth were, seeing how I have never been to a dentist , she does a full cleaning and checks pocket depth , all 3's and 1 4 , I do not have peri disease , no trace of it , now with that news and my major melt down it wiped all my dental fears away , and on July 2nd I go for a crown , novacain and all , and I am not at all scared ,,,,,, I have a new lease on life and I feel GREAT !!!!!!!! and that's for all the help on this forum !! ,,,,, X-Scared Gal
ScaredGal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (06-11-2013)