View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 05:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Have you had more than one opinion on your films? If not, please do get a couple of opinions, okay? Never take just ONE doctors opinion.

Yes, you DO have some serious problems here and will probably end up HAVING to have surgery. But I have to tell you that PAIN is NOT a reason to have surgery. Surgery is only for MECHANICAL problems. It does NOT relieve pain. Most of the time, you're left with the same pain or worse. You MAY get lucky have have some pain reduced, especially at first. But after awhile, much of the pain comes back. Plus there is the problem with the "Domino Effect" -- this is where the levels above/below the surgical site fail. That's because they have to take on more of the load, and this happens all the time. Then you need MORE surgery, and after THAT surgery, THOSE levels above/below will fail, etc. It's a vicious circle. It's happened after each of my surgeries.

You would be smart to have a long talk with your doctor about pain meds for AFTER SURGERY. You want to make sure that your pain is WELL CONTROLLED after surgery because you ARE going to be in pain.

Also, we can give you some hints of what to do before surgery to get ready for it. Let us know when you're surgery is going to be, well in advance so we can give you those hints.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of "bad news" but I don't sugar coat anything. I tell people the truth -- I wish you the very best. I sure wish you didn't need surgery, my friend. God bless and please take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bipe Flyer (06-12-2013), Chicken (06-20-2013), ger715 (06-12-2013), ginnie (06-11-2013), sfink (06-12-2013)