View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannc View Post
I am having 3 wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow. May not sound like a big deal but I am middle age (that's being nice!!) and have MG. I finally got approved to have the procedure done in the hospital at 4:30pm today. I live in a small town in and don't have the best support as far as Neurologists go. She doesn't think anything is a problem and she thinks that my MG is very mild "if I even have it".
I have had elevated Acetylcholine AB levels for the last 3 years and I have trouble with double vision. At times I also have trouble breathing. I myself have been in denial about this whole MG thing but now that I have to have anesthesia I am a little more concerned. I also just found this forum. My questions are 1) is it safe to take Hydrocodone post procedure? This is what the dentist prescribed. 2) is Keflex a safe antibiotic my MG?. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I am really scared.
Good that you are having it done at the hospital. From my research (only newly diagnosed myself) only someitmes are analgesics and antifibotics a problem. The fact you are having this done is a facility who can treat you immediately if there is an issue should be reassuring. You only need the backup if there is an issue, which there may not be.

I had a knee revision before my MG was diagnosed. I went very low BP and had trouble breathing after dilaudid was administered for pain. The staff immediately treated me and kept me longer than originally planned. I was fine, even with no MG diagnosis. I think things will go fine for you.

Best wishes!
Online User is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Fortunatos (06-12-2013)