View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There's no way to say this gently but he died within months of having his surgery. It had nothing to do with the DBS however. He had swallowing issues and was aspirating into his lungs. After much research he decided he did not want a feeding tube. He was 60. One of the very first signs that he had "something wrong" were a couple of choking episodes so the issue with swallowing was with us all through his PD journey. And please, do not feel bad for asking.

As you must know, there are all these little variations with how the disease manifests itself from person to person so just because PD effected him in this manner, does not mean anyone else here will have the same experience.

I try to stay away from this forum but I have to come back periodically to check on the status of the many friends he made on this board through the years. We go all the way back to the BrainTalk days. Kevin has been gone 5 years and I'm still checking on his friends here. Good luck to you and yours! I wish you only the best.

Please visit my Parkinson's Gallery

gaykir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gary Page (06-19-2013), TrishaPDX (06-14-2013)