View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:22 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Magnesium usually helps with those fasics.

You can put the Salonpas up the shin some. I am doing that now
for my swollen left ankle. I find that they work there well for my whole foot! Must be blood vessels near the skin so the active methyl salicyclate can get into the blood there and move into the foot. So now I apply them 2-3 inches on the lower leg in front,
BEFORE the ankle. So do try them there.

Also if rotate your placement. I find days in a row say 3 or more,
and my skin can get irritated by the adhesive. Not seriously, but it itches etc. I've also moved the patch to the lateral side of the lower leg with good results. The sural nerve goes down to the foot on that side.

For the ball of the foot, I place the left edge of the patch just below where the big toe bends and loop it around the upper arch..not ON the ball of the foot (skin is rather thick there), but
very near the edge where it starts. This really helps any tendonitis from those sesamoids. I do this at night because this placement can come off during the day walking around etc.

I get my Salonpas at Costco too. I use them alot, so Costco is very cost effective. Once I open the green envelope and take the first one out, I use a Ziploc baggie to keep the rest...this keeps them fresh. You can also cut them and wrap around the big toe...which I have done sometimes too.

These work very well for arthritis, and tendonitis in the foot, and when you reduce that inflammation, you might find your calf nerves that twitch, stop doing that also.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote