View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 10:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
There is an injection for diabetics who have extreme low sugars, but it is not commonly used anymore. It is called glucagon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucagon

Working out can deplete glucose and so the mitochondria cannot make the necessary energy in your cells.

You might try taking acetyl carnitine daily... as that facilitates burning fatty acids instead of glucose. Bodybuilders and athletes use it for this purpose.
Hi Mrs.D, can you please clarify what it means by acetyl l carnitine "facilitates burning fatty acids instead of glucose". I'm a little embarrassed asking such question but I need to understand --- does it mean that it will make you lose some weight?

Currently, I am losing weight unintentional. I haven't change anything in my diet since I started to eat healthier food (that was more than a year ago). My sugar is still going up but not that enough to raise red flag. My pulmo told me that it could not be my lung infection causing the weight loss because its stable, thank God. So, I'm trying to find what is it that make me lose weight... I need more weight!!!! by the way, I do moderate exercise almost everyday.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (08-30-2013)