Thread: Reboot
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 10:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for all your support. I received 5 high doses of Cytoxan in December, here in MN. They had to do the doses in the hospital due to the high dose. I have a wonderful Neuro who did her residency at JH and is very knowledgable with MG. The doses went really well, but I spent most of Dec. in the hospital with infections, a .1 WBC and required a number of shots to boost bone marrow growth( which was very painful). It's now May and I am doing much better then I have in the last 3 years. I have had to start back on Cellcept and have had a couple of weeks here and there where I have needed prednisone. I am still on Mestinon and have chatted w/ my Neuro about additional pulse doses of cytoxan. It was the right decision for me, I had gotten to a place where the MG was no longer manageable w/ the standard protocal treatments...
Cytoxan is not for everyone, there were a lot of side effects and I have experienced symptoms of early metopause, lost most of my hair and had a number of "sick" days.
It's definitly a treatment to look at, do some reasearch on.. I found the JH site very helpful.

Good luck.
Angie
Angie B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote