View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 01:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy I did it- new PCP

I have not been happy with my PCP doc forever (I like the neuro fine, just hate the primary care doc). I finally got a bee in my bonnet and called a different doctor. He appears to have good reviews/ratings, is accepting new patients (incl medicare/medicaid) and is close to my home.

I have an appointment Tuesday - praying he treats me like a human being who just happens to have a few issues {don't we all}. My old doc always insisted on dragging me in to the office just to get a refill of some Rx (like cholesterol, thyroid etc). Her standard answer for anything was "You need to make an appointment - we have an opening in three weeks" . She whined about insurance and money, always wanted loads of labs, even if done recently by other MDs. ALWAYS had to have a recheck in two weeks (for what??). Heck- I saw her more often than relatives

I felt like an opportunity for her to ust rack up more insurance billing/money. She always gave half-a**ed care and stared at her computer monitor during visit {Helloo...I am over here doc} She never istened and wanted to chalk everything up to MS (umm, I have another sinus infection doc - this isn't abut my MS)

I have no idea why I waited so long to fire her??? I think I was dreading explaining to a new doc why I switched or some odd form of doctor disapproval. Cross your fingers for me and pray he sees Jane - not the "chronic chonditions" case

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (06-12-2013), nemsmom (06-12-2013), SallyC (06-12-2013), Sparky10 (06-30-2013)