View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 03:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto,Canada View Post
Hey guys,

I've got a question, Did anyone have any issues with shortness of breathe after surgery? it's been almost a month post-op, and it's definitely bothersome, I had Xray last week, when the shingles started the dr noticed i was struggling to breathe in the office (I was trying not to make it that obvious), I don't know if others have had it, it feels like i sort of panic if I cant' breathe for like 5-10 seconds. Dr. was concerned enough to personally drive to the closest clinic to do an emergency Xrays, Thankfully no pneuothorax (which he thought I had). I'm just curious if anyone has had this? how long did it last for? I saw my dr 2 days ago and he just said "It was a potential side effect, which a few patients have, it should resolve over time"... what is the definition of "time". I'd really like to know from actual patients who have had this.

please let me know!

Thanks,
Katie
yes it is a side affect.....in My case though, I had complications that reqiured 2 extra surgeries due to "Chyle Lymph Leaks" ( now 29 months post op) which caused damage to the Phrenic Nerve and my diaphragm was elevated into my lung and unfortunately continued to about 20 months post surgeries.......early on had bouts of bronchitis, chest tightness and terrible cough.....I still have shortness of breath when I do too much.....it is a very scary thing and doing "diaphragmatic breathing" is helpful but I still have great fatigue and other complications due to those extra surgeries.

chloecasey
chloecasey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote