View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 10:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom View Post
I was wondering if anyone had tried you on any Klonopin? I know there are some who don't care for this drug, but I have taken this now for quite some time and it does help with pain. I think it is reasonably inexpensive, but cannot recall exact cost, since insurance pays here.

It is in the Benzodiazepine family, thus can be addictive, although probably not nearly as much as Ativan or Valium. It does help with pain. I take it twice daily. It is difficult to get off of, and must be tapered down slowly. This may or may not be important to you, since it looks like you will need to be on something to give you relief for a while.

I was going to post on this the other day and can't remember where. I don't think I really realized how much it was helping until last week, when I somehow forgot to add it to my 7 day pill dispenser and went without it several days... OUCH!!!

Hope you are making some headway getting some help with this pain.

Cathie
I know that they sell them on the streets in Baltimore. I think Klonapin is actually a pill to lower blood pressure for people with hypertension. My neuropathy is a result of nerve damage due to electrocution and is nod diabetes related, so it probably wouldn't work. The Lyrica usually worls IF I take enough of it, but sometimes even it does not reduce the pain, so I DO need to add other medications if I can get some insurance somewhere. I can not afford the $400/ month cobra payments.
electrocuted is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote