View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 05:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Diagnosed years ago - anyone with same symptoms?

Hi. I was diagnosed in 2006 with fibro. The Mayo Clinic diagnosed me after running many other tests that came back normal, and I went through a fibro management class. My question is if the new symptoms I'm having are related to fibro or if I have another disorder. Also, wondering if anyone else with firbo had symptoms in childhood like I did.

Listing the symptoms I don't know to be related to fibro (skipping fatigure, sensitive to touch, etc.)

My recent symptoms (in no particular order):
Weakening of hip and neck muscles (still progressing)
Constant, severe headache
Constant, severe neckache (seems related to facet joints)
Constant pain in sacrum and lower back (not as severe as above)
Visual disturbance when looking at blue lights - they are blurry and misshapen (a circle will look like a squiggly line), and looking at them increases my headaches and nausea. Only blue lights.
Tooth resorption
"Brain shocks" - feels like a little electrical storm in the back of my head. Comes and goes.
Reynaud's and incredibly weak finger and toenails.
Overly sensitive finger and toe tips
Trouble with fine motor skills using feet and toes (like taking off a sock with the other foot, which I am no longer able to do)
Night sweats (I soak through my sheets almost every night)

Symptoms that are worse:
Light sensitivity in eyes (I need to wear sunglasses when it's cloudy)
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (leads to occasional stool leakage)
Dysphagia
I get more sick with temperature changes and extremes.
When I get really hot I have the same symptoms as if I were very cold (goosebumps, shivering, feeling cold)

Symptoms in childhood:
Diarrhea
Constipation
Frequent infections in intestines, including Giardhia and C-Diff (that really confused my doctors, as they could never figure out where I picked it up)

Any responses would be greatly appreciated as I try to self-diagnose or at least figure out which doctor to see next (recent rheumatologist completely blew me off). Thanks!

Kate
WorkingKate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (07-15-2013)