View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 07:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

I have a lot experience now at not using my eyes....I really enjoy CBC radio (I am in Canada) but talk radio can be really interesting. I also do restorative yoga and swim.

In the summer I sit out in the back in the sun (vitamin D is good) and just relax. I really enjoy cooking on the barbq and enjoy eating outside. I also find a lot of satisfaction in baking.

I started trying to call a different person every week (even if I do not know them very well) but it help to keep me connected to the outside world and to remind myself there are other things going on in the world even though it does not include me at this time.

PCS and the post traumatic vision syndrome can keep you extremely isolated and on top of that I am single with only teenagers to talk to so interaction with other adults is good.

Go for a walk once or twice a day, it can break up the day. I actually schedule out my days in a daytimer with housework, breaks, walks etc. It is important to get your rest and not to overdue.

If you find something else let me know....I am always looking for suggestions. I must admit I really am not interested in audio books but I am going to make an effort to try.

Have a great summer.
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon22217 (06-13-2013), jazzbaby1 (06-13-2013), Mokey (06-12-2013)