View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi magi,

Generally root canaled teeth develop an apical cyst, but any tooth can.

The bubbles you described are indicative of a sinus perf. Perhaps it was very small and has healed over already.

The clot that you spit up may or may not have come from your sinus. It is possible that you swallowed some blood during the extraction and it worked it's way up your throat.

I am not in favor of root canal therapy because the procedure renders the tooth non vital, necrotic and infected. There is no access to the tiny canals so they will harbor nerve tissue that becomes infected. So as long as you retain the tooth, it will be unhealthy.

Root canal therapy cannot make a tooth healthy again. It is done simply to allow the patient to "retain" their tooth for a undetermined amount of time. It is important that patients be informed of the risks of "retaining" a non vital tooth and unfortunately most dentists do not offer that information.

Here is a informational link where Dr Mercola talks about those risks....
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ot-canals.aspx

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammagi36 View Post
Thanks so much for the quick response.

It wasn't a root canal even though is was the base of a three unit bridge. At least I don't remember it being a root canal. It was hurting me on and off for a year as if the nerve was live. Toward the end it would kill when I ate something cold or used the waterpick on. I love my waterpick.

The bubbles happened when I was still in the chair. She did an x-ray right after that happened and said it looked like it wasn't perforated. She also has me taking Claritin (antihistamine) to keep things dry. The blood from my nose was the consistency of plasma more than thick blood and never happened again. The little clump of coagulated blood I spit up was thick and mucus covered yet never occurred again either. I also was given a Motrin at the dentist office which is a blood thinner. Haven't taken another Motrin since. It's feeling better and better. Mostly my gums and surrounding teeth are sore from all the pulling and rocking she had to do to get everything out in two whole pieces.

BTW, what is your take on getting a root canal on tooth #13?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote