View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi magi,

I am not in favor of root canal therapy because the procedure renders the tooth non vital, necrotic and infected. There is no access to the tiny canals so they will harbor nerve tissue that becomes infected. So as long as you retain the tooth, it will be unhealthy.

Root canal therapy cannot make a tooth healthy again. It is done simply to allow the patient to "retain" their tooth for a undetermined amount of time. It is important that patients be informed of the risks of "retaining" a non vital tooth and unfortunately most dentists do not offer that information.

Bryanna
I've read that article as well as Dr. Price's stuff. What's missing is an alternative. An extraction then a bridge? I read an article that when an extraction heals bacteria is still present under the gum as well. Not to mention a whole slew of other potential risks that were stated when I signed that paper. Also the bride is going to effect the surrounding teeth it's anchored to. I'm sure those teeth are much harder to keep clean and have a higher incidence of decay. For some reason they don't ask you to sign for a root canal. I need to ask the dentist why that is. These anti-root canal studies seem one sided because they don't seem to balance the risks associated with extractions and bridges with the root canal.

From what I see you're damned either way. I guess what you're saying is all/most root canals lead to an extraction anyway, as well as other nasty side effects, so why no get it done up front? Correct?
iammagi36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote