Thread: Newbie Advice
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Newbie Advice

Greetings fellow neuro talkers,
I am new to this forum and have been browsing posts for couple hours now but haven't found one that address's some of my questions and problems. I will start with my background. I am 24 year old female who is about to finish her doctorate in physical therapy so I am we'll educated on many of these issues, but far from a pro. I do a lot of research on my own as my school works with an evidence based approach. In high school I received 3 concussions playing soccer, basketball, and in a serious car crash. In my undergrad I also competed in collegiate soccer where I received two more concussions within 2 weeks. Finally, about 10 months ago I received another concussion during summer ball.
My first question is if anyone truly knows or has come across any evidence based research in terms of how long post concussion syndrome can last. I know that multiple concussions can have a cumulative effect. Symptoms that I have been experiencing regularly since my 2 serious concussion during undergrad in 2010 include; intermittent dizziness, headaches, sleep disturbances closely resembling insomnia, and troubles concentrating. The dizziness and concentration I can manage ok, however the headaches can be very debilitating and I am at my wits end with the doctors. My second question, is what kind of long term headache meds have people with long lasting post concussion headaches been using with pros and cons. I am just really in need of some advice as I feel drs and others perceive me as a crazy or hypocondriac as my symptoms have lasted so long thanks
PTczech5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote