Thread: Y work out
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Y work out

My husband went with me! Since we were supposed to have a heat index of 105 today he said he would just drop me off on his way to the mall he walks at. So I suggested that he get a guest pass for the Y. So that's what we did. First off I told the staff, hunky guy I needed to add another machine to my work out. I ride the bike for my legs and cardio, I use two seperate machines for upper body but the whole middle body has been feeling left out. And I can't believe the amount of stamina the Y has given me. The books are right, exercise does help fatigue. So DH was able to be with me and give some insight to the hunky buff guy as he suggested several machines for me. Maybe he just didn't want to leave me alone with the hunky buff staff guy! So I started this new machine, you sit on it, lock your legs in place and then raise up to get the arms and sort of bend yourself in the middle. I think it's called an ab core or something like that. So when I had finished my regular routine I went over and tried it. I couldn't move it at all. So by that time DH was done going around the Y looking bored and lost and ready to go home. So he showed me that all the weights were still on it! There was 75 pounds of weights hooked to it. So I took ALL the weights off. It took me a bit to get the hang of it but I did 2 reps of 10. You can turn the seat to the side and it can work your side muscles also. I had DH do the Eagle row at the weight I do it at and he had a hard time doing it and couldn't believe I was doing it with 30 pounds for 4 reps of 10. So I was glad he went. It showed him what I do every day at they for 90 minutes. I'm not just gabbing with some old women. In fact there isn't a soul in there that I talk to except tell the staff hi and by. Most of the people there are college age guys that are trying to do these huge weights and huffing and puffing. Or there are these young chicks that have these tight little crop pants and tops on with a butt that my husband would die for me to have. So I just silently do my exercises with my 200 pound body, drink a lot of water and leave.

DH said the Y isn't something for him but I'm glad that he tried. Plus I am glad he offered to take me instead of me having to drive. This is the time I LOVE my remote start but if he isn't gone to the mall I have to take the car that doesn't have the remote start.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (06-13-2013), Darlene (06-13-2013), ewizabeth (06-13-2013), karilann (06-14-2013), nemsmom (06-18-2013), SallyC (06-13-2013), Snoopy (06-14-2013)