View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Front tooth trauma - what do my symptoms indicate?

Dear everyone,

First of all: great homepage and thanks in advance for your help!

A month ago I crashed on my bike and banged my teeth directly into the asphalt. I had a crown fracture "complicata" on the tooth next to my left upper front tooth (it was "sticking out", I have a little crooked teeth and overbite).
The same evening I went to a dentist for an initial root canal treatment, which my own dentist completed in an hour two weeks later.

I have not felt any problems with the fractured/root canal treated tooth, but I am concerned about my upper left front tooth next to the treated tooth. This tooth also crashed on the asphalt.

Symptoms:
Right after the accident: the tooth was very sore and a little bit loose.
Subsequently: gradually less sore and loose. After a few days I was able to "chew" again (I know you don't chew with a front tooth, but you know what I mean) and the tooth has generally improved and is now almost back to normal.
Two of my dentists have checked on the tooth and taken several x-ray photos, which apparently were fine (no infracture or nerve inflammation - I hope).
I was informed about the risk of tooth death and told to pay attention to the tooth's color. I have also heard that a trauma tooth is in a gray area between life and death and either change in color or develop an inflamed root).

Except from that: what am I worried about?
- These symptoms:
Soreness for a moderate "outward" pressure (not from inward pressure) AND also soreness if I press on the "root" in extention of the tooth.
Except from this I don't feel anything from the tooth. I have to press to feel the soreness. But of course I am very worried about it (I am not going to complain, but I am only a 22 years old student and have already paid 3,563.36 dollars for the fractured tooth - and actually it is not the money: I really wish to keep my own teeth of course).

I have brilliant dentists, so I will get the answer, but before that day I would like to get some information or hear about other people's experiences.

Have a nice day.
Penille is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote