View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 02:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default More questions, thank so much for the input!

Hi Bryanna,
His office is to email me a detailed breakdown of all what would be done for that price so that I can check with my insurance company within the week but I have not received it yet. Though I want to be as informed as possible, my first inclination is to not to go down this path. The main reason is that it seems kind of irreversible if it doesn't work, plus the cost too. I am not convinced at this point that TMJ is my problem and I am getting a bit wore down by all these differing dental perspectives. This was the 4th dentist that I have gone to (1 conventional, 3 holistic) in the last 3 months for my problems. I do appreciate that the one Doctor did agree that root canals are problematic and removed mine according to the extraction process (periodontal ligament, etc.) that I requested after reading a few whole body dental books but he doesn't believe in implants and he doesn't seem to get what I am saying when I tell him that #4 seems high to me now (as if when #2 and #3 were removed that it got lifted up somewhat in the process, though it does not feel loose to the touch). At the end of the day, I would like an implant for #3 (I do have #30 for a chewing buddy), to get rid of this strange high feeling in my mouth on the right side around #4 and get rid of the rest of the amalgam fillings and nickel based crowns I have in a healthy, safe manner. I really appreciate your even and patient approach with all of us who contact you and so I was wondering if you have any advice for me at this point? Would an implant be at risk from a bite adjustment problem or TMJ if that is what is really going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Samantha,

You may only need to do an implant in the #3 site if you still have #30 to chew against. There is usually no reason to replace second molars unless you are missing your first molars. If you replace #2 with an implant you would need to also replace #31 as #2 would need a buddy to chew against. I hope all of that is clear......... !

I would suggest to get a written list of things that he intends on doing to alter/adjust your bite for $3700.00. What does he do for trigger point therapy? What type of appliance is he making you? Is he going to do an occlusal adjustment and when?

Bryanna
SamanthaJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote