View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 06:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I hope you are able to get some relief. It is hard for me to classify these seizures as I have no idea what the different types of seizures are but what happens to me is I have very vivid, violent dreams that I act out. In the morning sometimes I wake up in so much pain, it is like every muscle in my body has been pulled. I could not figure out what was going on for a long time. One night my mom came in and woke me up in the middle of me dreaming I was strangling someone and I was having a seizure. My hands were turned inwards really hard and my feet were pointing really hard, my whole body was stiff as a board and shaking, convulsing. My head was being pushed so hard into my pillow it felt like I was going to break my neck. The next morning I woke up with that pain of feeling like every muscle in my body had been pulled and hit with a hammer. These are very painful and take weeks to heal from. I have not had one since March. The clonazepam helps to keep them away and also helps for the violent dream acting out. I actually feel rested and like I slept upon waking in the morning. This has allowed me to be more active during the day. I also found out that the clonazepam is the only med besides melatonin that helps this REM sleep behavior thing and it is important to keep it under control because it is brain damaging. Hope this helps in some way. Let me know if you are able to try the clonazepam and Ambian and get some relief or if you find anything else that helps. Good luck.
Brain

Had MVA in 2006 resulting in post concussive syndrome manifested by cognitive impairment, chronic pain/ fatigue. Chronic pain of head, neck, back, left leg.
Other problems include REM sleep behavior disorder, nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy, chronic migraines associated with nausea/vertigo, episodes of passing out, hypoglycemia, liver dysfunction (had accidental overdose of acetaminophen in 2009) had liver and kidney failure, hernia, degenerative disc disease with compression of nerve root, PTSD, and other problems associated with functioning problems from traumatic brain injury (light, sound sensitive, easily overloaded, easily distracted, cannot focus, anxiety problems etc.)
Brain patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote