Thread: Need Advice!
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 01:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need Advice!

Hi everyone, I am a 26 years old Pharmacy student and I received a concussion on April 7 2013. Since the moment of my concussion I have been experiencing this constant feeling that I (in my head) am disconnected from the rest of my body. It's as if my "self awareness/self perception" has been altered in an very abnormal way that leaves me feeling disconnected from my own body. I just don't feel like the normal "me" in my head and it is very saddening, discouraging and frustrating that it doesn't go away.

I also have been experience impairment in short term memory. The feeling tends to be worse if I am tired. This has totally interfered with my daily life because I am persistently stuck with this altered mind state. Has anyone had any luck with getting rid of "disconnected feeling"? And if so how? I am willing to try anything at this point to just feel back to normal. I just want to get rid of this thing. It's like I'm living in a fog. Any ideas as to what I am experiencing? I also feel dizziness in the back of my head (was struck in the back of my head).

Regards,
Mike
MBoychuk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote