View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 01:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Very dizzy after bloodpatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpknight View Post
I am wondering for any of you who have had blood patches, what has been your experience in the days and weeks after?

I just saw Dr. Schievink, an expert on CSF leaks, last week in LA and had thoracic and lumbar patches done. My constant headache has not gone away, but has seemed slightly different since the procedure. A few days after the blood patch, I started getting very dizzy and a bit nauseated, and also been foggy headed. I have no idea if the blood patch has worked and if now my body is adjusting to being at a new pressure, or if it has not worked, and if my body is having an adverse reaction to the patch or the other procedures I went through last week. I have been dizzy and queasy now for 4 days. Dr. S did mention that it could take a couple weeks for me to balance out, but I have left him a message to check and see if all of this dizziness is normal. I am wondering if any of you have experienced something similar or what you felt like after a blood patch.

Thanks,
Lindsey
Hi Lindsey,

Last tuesday I had a bloodpacth done because they were suspecting a CSF leak.
However, since the day after the patch i feel worse then before. I'm very dizzy, my head feels like a balloon is inside and i feel nauseated at times.
Doctor says it can not be due to the blood patch.
How did your story continued or end?

Thanks for a reply.

Kind Regards,
Wim
WimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote