View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 06:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I'll try to help.

Reversal of normal lordosis ~ This means that your neck doesn't have the normal curve it should have. It's straighter than normal. This is usually caused by muscle spasms.

Multilevel degenerative disc disease, severe from C4-C7. Degenerative disc disease is drying out of the discs. This happens as we grow older, and everyone gets it. When the discs dry out, they flatten, and many times bulge and herniate.

There is multilevel, bilateral osteoarthritis.

C2-C3 5mm Anterolisthesis of C2-C3 unchanged causing mild to moderate spinal canal stenosis. Stenosis is narrowing of the spinal canal. There is a disc bulge containing the cervical cord, but the cord is fine. There is mild to moderate neural foraminal narrowing. The foramen are the holes that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord and yours are getting narrow. Also there are bone spurs. I am NOT familiar with anterolisthesis.

C3-4 He couldn't make it out.

C4-5 There is a rear bone spur contacting the spinal cord. Mild to moderate spinal canal stenosis (see above) There is moderate left neural foramen narrowing and mild to moderate right neural foramen narrowing (see above)

C5-6 There is left paracentral rear disc bone spur complex contacting the cord. There is moderate spinal canal stenosis. (see above) There is moderate left neural foraminal narrowing and mild right neural foraminal narrowing. (see above)

C6-7 Small disc bone spur complex. No significant stenosis. There is mild left neural foraminal narrowing (see above).

Evidently the C3-4 facet has fused itself to the C2-3, causing less movement of the upper cervical spine. Again they mention 5mm Anterolisthesis, which I'm not familiar with. You should ask your doctor about this.

BEFORE YOU HAVE ANY SURGERY have 2 OTHER NEUROSURGEONS look at these films, and get more opinions on having surgery! Never take ONE surgeons opinion!!! You must have more opinions before having surgery.

And remember that surgery is not for pain. It is only for Mechanical problems. Usually after surgery, you're left with the same pain or worse. Plus there is the "Domino effect." That is where the levels above/below fail because they have to take on more of the load. Then you have to have MORE surgery!! And after you have THAT surgery, the levels above/below THAT surgery site fail -- so it's a vicious circle! The doctors don't tell us this.

I'm sorry you're in need of surgery, but PLEASE -- get 2 more opinions! It's has happened that doctors are WRONG and we don't need surgery at ALL. So grab your films and see other doctors. and PLEASE let us know what you find out. God bless you my friend, and take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote