View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 07:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default thanks

Hi Leesa, I have had arthritis for years. 14 months ago I stopped celebrex thinking I didn't need it anymore and 10 weeks later my neck flared up. I have been back on celebrex for months now.
I had accupture which took 90% of the pain away but cost $70 a week and I couldn't afford it.
The neurosurgeon told me that it could make the pain worse and I told him I wanted a flexion xray...( read this on internet) told me if I get numbness and pins and needles to call him. Where I live it took over a year to get to a neuro and no second opinions. I almost dropped dead when he said it can make the pain worse as I couldn't handle that.
Another Doctor on the internet said where all I do is walk and drive around town my neck should be fine. I know I shouldn't go by this but I live alone as my hubby passed away 2 yrs ago. I have to go to the city to see a neuro and homecare takes me.
I am taking a friend next time with me and a list of questions. I am leaning towards not having a operation as my family doctor gave me some Ativan which helps with the pain. Does this make sense? Why can't I just keep doing what I am doing and if it gets worse go to emergency. Without the celebrex flare up I wouldn't know about my neck.
It is so hard to know what to do. I appreciate you helping me. I am 72. thanks for now jinky posterior fusion is what I think it is.
jinky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote