View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 11:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default It gets better

You have a lot to offer your wife and kids "You". Try more positive thoughts, it can get discouraging, but keep looking at what progress you make and take the time to get better.

At this time you need all of your energy and resources to get better, it is important not to waist these resources on stress and anxiety. Respect you bodies healing although I know it feel like it takes forever.

You will get there, but you will get there faster with less stress and anxiety. Try something that will make you relax and try to stay in a tranquility bubble.

I stayed in my room for almost 12 weeks and told my kids that this is my happy bubble. I really could not deal with stress and problems and just focus on getting better.

The reason I stayed in my room is because with 3 teenagers in the house and no adult I assumed the house was a disaster. I could not do anything about the mess of the house so I took it out of my sphere. I could not do anything about their problems so I referred them on to another relative.

Sometimes food would be sent up to me on a paper plate, I did not ask if there were no more clean dishes, I just ate what was given to me and went back to resting.

I realize not everyone can do what I did, but try to set boundaries and respect them until you get better.

Best wishes
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ED (07-21-2013), Lightrail11 (06-14-2013), Su seb (06-14-2013)