View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 11:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I totally understand what you are going through.
I am a photographer...and PCS has sucked the joy out of something that was an amazing outlet and passion for me.

Looking through my lens is disorienting and post processing on my desktop computer aggravates PCS symptoms within minutes. (crazy full head pressure and vision stuff).

I have three kiddos, 4, 5, and 7. School gets out next week and I am determined to enjoy the summer. This happened to me this time last year and my whole summer was robbed.

I am now thinking of ways to interact with the kiddos doing fun things but things that arent overwhelming. I ALWAYS over due it!

For personal activities....I am thinking of other "hobbies"...as much as it saddens me to put photography on back burner.

I was doing to do a little jewelry making....ect....
All the things I pin on pinterest....try some things.
Prior to mommyhood, I was a Physical therapy asst. in the Army, then went on to get my BA in Fitness and wellness.

I really need to start taking my own advice be more active. I know it will help...but need that motivation.
Hard to get motivation from others when they dont understand what is going on in your head...its a tad bit isolating.

So short walks to start...yoga to help with stress and alignment...nutrition is a big one...
Summer is coming....getting in the water more. Its a great no impact form of exercise.

I plan to start back up my appts with the Neuro chiro....out of all the place I have been for medical care...
they are the ones that really know how to pinpoint things...and truly undertand what is going on our our heads and they help to retrain the brain.

Yeah, still have lots of symptoms..but not clutching my head in tears daily anymore. They proved me wrong and really did wonders.

I too am open to suggestions of things that may have helped any of you.

for me...to execute things...i think its going to all come down to organization and time management. Preparing ahead of time...setting alarms on phone..using calendar better. Be your own personal assistant!

I think it will help me be able to enjoy the little things a bit more.
MaineMamarazzi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (06-15-2013), Su seb (06-14-2013)