View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 02:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi
Its not the same Dr, so I'm pleased for you.

I've had all the blood tests, 4 sfemgs, 2 tension tests one positive and one negative.

Its funny you quoted the Dr about saying all illness psychosomatic or organic need treated or something similar. My consultant that I see now said exactly the same thing. When I got the first letter back after seeing him it said if nothing is found on the tilt table test she has somatiform disorder and should be no longer allowed any tests on the NHS. Well the tilt table showed within seconds what was wrong. He has been totally different since then, unfortunately he had obviously been influenced by the rubbish put in my file from the other drs. I really can not fault him in the way he has treated me since the tilt table test. He now actually treats my sister who had been written off for 20 years as having M.E. no she has POTs and EDS the same as me.

However its obvious that this empathetic approach is being taught or publicised somewhere as honestly I've heard its been said to others also. When you learn others have heard it too you begin to realise that if the tests come back negative you will be either told or it will be put in your notes and you won't be told that you are in fact suffering from somitization disorder. Then anyone who has read your notes will no longer believe any medical complaint you have as that would be feeding into your delusion.

As a patient of the neurology department you are already at a disadvantage before you walk through the door as many of them believe 60% of their patients have functional symptoms.

I'm sorry I sound so negative I just don't want you being overly optimistic and then having your hopes dashed. I know how very depressed I got after being promised the moon and stars and walked away with nothing but a mental health disorder label.

I hope you get some where with this Dr, if you don't you still have the forum for support.

Rach
Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome,Post Prandial Hypotension, Orthostatic Intolerance, Arrythmia, unstable blood pressure, severe autonomic nervous system dysfunction ,Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type 3,Gastroparesis,IBS,Hidradenitis supprativa
And Myasthenia is still a possible diagnosis depending on which Dr I see.

My blog address is

Lord, grant me the serenity to acceptThe things I cannot change,The courage to change The things I can,
And the wisdom to hideThe bodies of Doctors I shot
When they said,"You're perfectly healthy,
It's All In Your Head."
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (06-14-2013)