View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 04:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yeah, I get what you're saying. It seems to me, that ALC is a very promising supplement for a wider variety of conditions as time goes on.

I plan on taking the 300mg every day, with the idea that it is low enough to be safe, yet just large enough to provide some type of nerve and PN treatment. I also take 600mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid, too -and I hear the combination of those two supplements can be very effective in treating PN pain and nerve growth.

I had kidney stones last year, so I just recently stopped taking my Slow-Mag and only take it twice per week, as my doctor told me that the calcium in it might have contributed to stone growth. ...Don''t know if that's true, but I like to play it safe.

I do eat a lot of meat, much containing vital B vitamins and other beneficial nutrients needed for PN treatments anyway.

Yesterday, was the evil anniversary marking the day I took the 3 week treatment of the florquinlone drug, Ciprofloxcacin. It has now been a full year since I got PN from it. However, from an entire host of horrific pains, the only remainder of this still bugging me is the "Pins & needles" which seem to effect any part of my body, but now just in periodic, light flare ups.

Although I'm clearly and undoubtedly much better, I do wonder if I've done everything I could to help heal myself. Doctors seem clueless about my type of PN and basically just throw stuff like gabapentine in my face and say take that for pain. (BTW, I do not).

I'm so close to my goal, which is reaching a point where pn pains are not strong or frequent enough to hinder my quality of life. (I no longer feel I have to heal completely to be happy)

My current vitamin regiment has been altered now, with it catering more to my "specific" needs. They may seem too low in dosage to many, but I take them everyday.

Currently:
2500mcg of B12 methylcobalmin 1 per day
200mg of B1 regular thiamin 1 per day
300mg of Acetyl L Carnitine 1 per day
300mg (twice per day) of Alpha Lipoic acid
200mg of vitamin C 1 per day
Slowmag Magnesium 143mg-with 238 calcium (now only twice a week)
Omega 3 300mg via purified fish oil pills 1per day
Lycopene 10mg (for prostate health) 1 per day

I'm curious as how my regiment differ with others suffering with PN. I do not want to be a vitamin addict, and even my wife now says I take too many vitamins as it is. Odd, since she takes a women's one-a-day every day, and that makes me think she's taking more than I do to some extent.LOL

Basically, I sure would like to know what doctors can't or won't tell me - is this vitamin regiment beneficial for my "toxic" neuropathy?
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote