View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 05:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I find this topic interesting, because I think the opposite. I firmly believe that the psycological factors of PCS heighten the physiological symptoms, and vice versa. I am uncertain if you are fully healed at 3 months, but the vast majority of healing happens early on.

Getting stress and anxiety under control is crucial for recovery. In my case an antidepressant combined with isolating myself from others (including my family) pushed me forward and into recovery

Before this I had a dreadful migraine, light and noise sensitivity, insomnia etc. The turning point was being prescribed the right medication resting, relaxing and de-stressing.

My psychologist was correct in stating that my mood and anxiety was increasing my physiological symptoms. Why else did they all reduce when I was prescribed an SNRI?
PCS following head injury November 2012. Experienced dizzyness, light and noise sensitivity, hypercusis, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, facial pain, problems concentrating, irritability, sensory overload, exercise intolerance.

Symptoms mostly resolved, working full time and I am now mostly better. I wake 6am daily since my injury. Was experiencing daily Neuralgia which was controlled with Cymbalta 30mg, Lyrica 200mg daily. Now only on 30mg Cymbalta.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jac3sr (06-14-2013), Su seb (06-14-2013)