View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 12:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown New To Polyneuropathy

Hello everyone. My name is Brandon. I am 27 years old. I was diagnosed with type one diabetes, 2 years ago and just recently diagnosed with peripheral polyneuropathy. I have only had it for about 3 weeks now, but the pains are almost unbearable. I have been taking Zonogran 3 times a day as needed for pain and then trazodone at night for pain and sleep aid. Unfortunately, I ran out of my Trazodone tonight and the Pharmacy was already closed. Anyways, the neurologist says it's just mild, but yet a simple sheet touches my toes or feet and I'm screaming in agonizing pain. I cannot tell you now how many times I have woken up in tears or flexing every muscle in my body in pure pain and watching my girlfriend watch me not knowing what to do or say. I feel likes it's torturing her more than it is me. I don't know what to do. I'm starting to feel depressed and ashamed. I don't ever want to go out and do things anymore. I can barely stand or walk far. I feel like I have no friends and no support. Her parents think I am faking it because they don't believe neuropathy can set on this fast in someone. So other than my girlfriend and my parents (who are 1500 miles away) I have no support. Some days, I just wish I would disappear.
bdey85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote