View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 12:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Like they say in AA -- "Take what you like, and leave the rest." So I guess that's what you're doing.

When you meet with your sponsor, just be honest and tell him what you told us here. That you found out that you're really NOT an alcoholic -- that alcohol was never the cause but the trigger for your problems. You can choose whether or not to tell him that you've done some drinking. Perhaps it would be good to tell him, because you know that you CAN control it. He will probably say that "you'll be back."

He may give you a lecture -- who knows. Try to leave on good terms if you can. He means well I'm sure. We've seen too many people say that they can "control it now" and then end up back at the tables, broken and sick.

I wish you the very best. Please take care and God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
"Thanks for this!" says:
newstown (04-11-2014)