View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 06:45 AM

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member
Thumbs Down Interferon nightmare..............................

I was on Interferon,but not for MS,it was for Hepatitis C,and I was supposed to go 11 months.This was just last year,2006.I started it at the end of January,because I had the chicken pox through January.By May,they had to stop the treatments in order to save my life.It gave me a side effect of Hemolytic Anemia,and the doctor overlooking my labs and treatment knew the whole time,and didn't tell me,because he was so excited to see my viral load dropping at the same time.He sat and watched as my hematocrit dropped rapidly,my RBC's dropped,WBC's dropped,hemoglobin dropping,it was like I was a lab rat that was expendable to him.I was unable to walk from February 2006,until December 2006,then in May my labs showed my hematocrit at 27,and I guess he didn't want to go to prison for manslaughter or worse,so they stopped the treatments immedietly! But I was so weak,and sick,and my insurance would not pay for the medicine to bring my RBC's back up,so I had to ride it out until they rebuilt up on there own in my body which took about 2 1/2 -3 months,but I was a germ catcher,because of my immune system being so depleted for so long.
Now they are saying that the treatment will kill me faster than the disease.So I have to wait until science comes up with a new one.
I hope your luck is much better than mine,when dealing with anytype of interferon,cause I'm still sick,I still haven't gotten better,even though my bloodwork has stabilized! I wish you the best!

Justice
Quote:
"You Can Do Anything You Put Your Mind To." -*My Dad*-
Justice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote