View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkath View Post
Many people stares and have no idea what one people has experiencing to when having his/her difficulties when tics strikes. My mom is in-denial that her child do has TS. only person who believe me is my sister and I'm glad that I find this site
Hi Kitkath,
Just to let you know... there is a Tourette Syndrome Association in your Country and perhaps your Mum would not be in denial if she had more information and knew more about it.

Are you in school?

Suppressing tics for a very long time can be very exhausting! If you're in school and suppressing your tics because of what others might think then you're going to get very tired very fast. It can also make it very distracting and more difficult to pay attention to what the teacher is saying.

The best thing we found is for the teacher and others to be educated about what Tics really are and then put in place some strategies to make the day a lot less stressful. e.g. short breaks out of the classroom helped. Sometimes the teacher would send my son on an errand or during really waxing tic times a trip to the school nurse to sit in quiet for a short while. In fact, there are many ways of doing that and it can be done in a way that doesn't make you stand out.

http://www.cedu.niu.edu/~shumow/itt/...20Syndrome.pdf
Teaching Students with Tourette's Syndrome
- Rachel Holtz
Reviewed: Dr. Greg Conderman, Ed. D.
Associate Professor Department of Teaching and Learning
Northern Illinois University College of Education