View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 05:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenng View Post
Welcome, and I am glad you found this forum. For me, amitriptyline has worked very well for sleep. It is an tricyclic antidepressant, but works to combat nerve pain, and has the very pleasant side effect of making you drowsy. It is also cheap, which is good. I am going to try capsacian cream for the burning pain, which seems to be worse at night. Keep checking in, and trying new combinations of meds. You will find so much great information here.
Thank you for the reply. I have found so far that the Zonegran dumbs down the pain very very little. Not enough to have any significant effect, if any at all on the pain. I was able to get my Trazodone filled today so that with the Zonogran should allow me to get some sleep with a mild amount of comfort from pain, but not much. I realized I have been using an analgesic cream and not actually Capcaisin, however I picked some up today and will try the results of all 3 tonight and let everyone know how it went. Also, in response to an earlier message that I meant to respond to and forgot to, I did have an actual EMG done and those were my results. I do not know anything else and have not seen anything else.

Moving onto more of why I joined this site, I joined this site not only for the wonderful advice that I am receiving from so many members, but also because of my depression from this horrible disease. It has pretty much taken over my life and as I stated before I have no friends to turn to, no one to talk to, no one who really, truly understands what I'm going through or the pain that I'm in. I went out today with my girlfriend to get a few groceries and had to use a power scooter chair at wal-mart and all I wanted to do was hide my face. I was so embarrassed that I am a healthy looking 27 year old guy scooting around in a chair and 80 year old women are walking around me like it's nothing. I wanted to park in a corner and just hide from the world. Hoping no one would ever find me. What do you do?
bdey85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote