View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 08:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

What to do? Even my children are no longer 27. I have always been the get it done type. Dig 40 feet of pipe ditch? I'm on it. Mow an acre of grass with a push mower? Got it.

In the span of a few months, I can hardly walk 50 feet. Sleep a few hours at night, waking every 45 minutes to burning foot pain. Climb stairs, not likely. Sitting quietly, but a burning, stabbing pain runs up my thigh.

I cannot stand for long periods of time, walking can be a nightmare, cannot sit in many styles of chairs.

The medications help a lot, but don't cover it all. I have had some success pursuing the nutritional part, maintaining some sort of exercise, and working on carrying on. I cannot work.

Difficult though it may be at times, I try to maintain a positive outlook. In a couple of years this should all be cleared up.

What was disappointing was reading about all the causes of neuropathy, then learning that mine is idiopathic. I guess that it would be better to be able to point a finger at something and nod.

This bulletin board helps, because I can read about successes that others are having. One person's success can go a long way in instilling hope in others.

Chris
chfite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote