View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 12:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default NOT fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain patch View Post
Hi Everyone,
I called to check up on my disability claim today and they said they are sending me for a physical and a mental exam at the end of July. Do you think this is a good or a bad thing? I have been fighting for my benefits since 2009. I have been denied at the ALJ level and started a new claim in March. So this is for the new claim. I just don't understand how they can deny someone who has had liver and kidney failure, traumatic brain injury, chronic pain, liver dysfunction, seizures, REM sleep disorder, hypoglycemia with passing out episodes resulting in multiple concussions etc. etc. ? I was bed ridden for 3 years after the liver and kidney failure and can only leave my house for a few hours a week. I can't drive, cook, watch movies, have relationships, keep track of my medication. I was diagnosed with severe depression after they denied me at the ALJ level. Please someone give me some hope. I am so sick and I just can't keep this up. I am in desperate need for money at this point. I have worked my entire life. I don't get it. Any advise on the exams would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Brain
Glad I do not live in Utah. That seems so unfair. I know of several women that are collecting disability from SS and they seem to function far better than most people of the same age. One has cervical pain from an auto accident but manages to take care of her farm without any problem. Another has bi-polar but has less mood changes than anyone else I know. Another is on disability because she is depressed but plays cards with her friends several times a week and goes to lunch with other friends often. The one that is truly disabled, in constant pain, no offers of any hope of relief, on extremely strong pain patches at all times, but is NOT on disability. Her husband takes care of the children, the meals, the household chores, etc.

Who gets approved and who gets denied is a mystery to me.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (06-18-2013)